Veterinarians and veterinary clinics are invited to participate in the new FedEx Reduced Price Program to ship specimen to the VMTH Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories.
A contract between FedEx and the VMTH Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories allows our clients to receive university discounted shipping rates in FedEx Priority Overnight shipping. By enrolling, laboratory customers are able to ship samples to the VMTH Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories for $27 per package (beginning 7/1/20), from anywhere in the United States.* Prices increase in increments of $5 for large size or heavy boxes (greater than or equal to ~7lbs), as determined by FedEx.
BENEFITS OF ENROLLMENT
It’s free to join!
Shipments to the VMTH Clinical Diagnostic Labs are easy to create through the FedEx website.
You pay nothing up front. We will bill you when we receive your package and bill for laboratory services.
You will not only be able to create shipments, but also print shipping labels, schedule tracking notifications, schedule pickups and view shipping summaries at FedEx.com.
*Prices are based on FedEx billing and are subject to change without notice.
Fill out and remit the FedEx Reduced Price Program Enrollment Form (above). Form can be faxed or emailed.
All fields of the form are required, unless otherwise stated. Form must be completed and hand-signed.
Note: Please allow approximately one week to receive your username and password via email.
Usernames and passwords are automatically deactivated by FedEx after one year of inactivity. Accounts can be reactivated by submitting a new FedEx Reduced Price Program Enrollment Form (pdf) or contacting Central Lab Receiving.
- Who is eligible for this program?
- Any veterinarian or veterinary clinic interested in submitting testing to the VMTH Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories. Prior submission to our labs is not necessary. Veterinarians or veterinary clinics from outside the United States are not eligible.
- Where can packages be sent?
- Using this program, packages may only be sent to the Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories (Central Laboratory Receiving) for testing performed in the Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories. UC Davis is a very large campus, and the School of Veterinary Medicine has many laboratories. Please ensure that testing is performed in the Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories before sending a package using this program. A searchable database of testing performed in the Clinical Diagnostic Labs can be found here.
- How much does the program cost?
- Enrollment is free. Your VMTH account will be billed for shipping when we receive a bill from FedEx (normally two weeks after package arrival). Shipping starts at $25 per package (through 6/30/19) and increases in increments of $5 for heavy boxes (typically greater than or equal to approximately 7lbs) or lighter boxes with large dimensions, as determined by FedEx. Please note that prices are based on FedEx prices and may increase without warning. Beginning with samples tendered to FedEx on 7/1/2019, base price for each package will be $26.
- Do I need to pay for shipping up front?
- No. Your VMTH account will be billed for shipping when we receive a bill from FedEx (normally two weeks after package arrival). Shipping starts at $25 per package (through 6/30/19) and increases in increments of $5 for heavy boxes (typically greater than or equal to approximately 7lbs) or lighter boxes with large dimensions, as determined by FedEx. Please note that prices are based on FedEx prices and may increase without warning. Beginning with samples tendered to FedEx on 7/1/2019, base price for each package will be $26.
- Do you send shipping labels?
- We do not send shipping labels. Instead, our program provides you with a username and password to FedEx.com so that your clinic can print shipping labels any time, from any computer & printer, to send packages to the UC Davis VMTH Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories. This way, you can use our program anytime with no delay!
- How does my clinic sign up?
- Fill out and remit a FedEx Reduced Price Program Enrollment Form (pdf) either by email or fax. All fields are required (unless otherwise specified), as is a hand-written signature. If you do not own a fax or a scanner, a photograph of the completed enrollment form can be emailed to the laboratory, as long as all fields and the signature are clearly visible.
- When should I send packages?
- Packages should be sent Monday-Thursday only. We do not receive packages on weekends, so overnight deliveries sent on Fridays are held at FedEx until Monday morning, potentially damaging sensitive specimen.
- I don't own a scanner or a fax. How do I send in my completed Enrollment Form?
- For those clinics that do not own a scanner or a fax machine, we do accept emailed photos of the completed form. All information must be clearly visible and a signature must be included. Photos can be emailed to UCDVetClinicalLabs@ucdavis.edu.
- How long will it take to receive my username & password?
- Please approximately one week after receipt of the Enrollment form (pdf) to receive your username and password. It will arrive as an emailed PDF attachment to the email address provided, unless otherwise specified.
- Does my username & password expire?
- Usernames and passwords do not expire as long as the account is accessed at least once every 12 months. After 12 months of inactivity, FedEx will delete account information automatically. Submitting a new Enrollment Form (pdf) will start the process of reactivating your username and password.
- Do you have shipping programs for any other shipping company, aside from FedEx?
- At this time, our lab only has a shipping program through FedEx for Priority Overnight delivery.
- I've misplaced my username & password. What do I do?
- Please contact Central Laboratory Receiving at 530-752-8684 or UCDVetClinicalLabs@ucdavis.edu.