Featured Lab Tests
The UC Davis VMTH Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory Service is proud to offer specialized tests found in few other laboratories.
- Equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM) testing - submit serum or CSF to test for antibodies to either S.neurona (SarcoFluor™) or N.hughesi (NeoFluor™)
- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) Canine Thyroid registry - results are confidential and are sent directly to OFA.
- Koi herpesvirus (KHV) serology
- Equine blood typing and antibody screens - serology is offered year-round with timely results for better patient care with diagnosis of neonatal isoerythrolysis (NI)
- Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis (CPTB) SHI test (Pigeon Fever test) - submit serum (separated from red cells) and use test code 8639 on the general Lab Sample Submission form (fillable pdf).
NOTE: All laboratory requests and submissions must be made by a veterinarian, and results will only be released to a veterinarian. We cannot accept laboratory submissions directly from animal owners.