Forms and Guidelines
- A Clinical Laboratory Sample Submission form (fillable pdf) must be included with each laboratory submission.
- Clearly indicate which test(s) are requested, as listed in the test menu. Please note: Certain tests require alternate submission forms, listed below by laboratory.
- NOTE: All laboratory requests and submissions must be made by a veterinarian, and results will only be released to a veterinarian. We cannot accept laboratory submissions directly from animal owners.
- Testing specifics, such as shipping conditions, sample requirements, and turn-around-times can be found under the test menu.
- Ship all samples overnight via FedEx, Monday - Thursday only. Do not send overnight shipments on Fridays or Thursdays before holiday weekends. Do not use USPS, as sample delivery will be delayed.
- FedEx Reduced Price Shipping Program is available to veterinarians and veterinary clinics.
- All international shipments require a copy of an Import Permit. Ensure the shipment includes the permit valid during your shipping period.
- Laboratory results are transmitted by email or fax. For patient safety, results can not be read over the phone.
- Specimen submitted using VMTH Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory samples submission forms will be subject to VMTH Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory fee structure.
Shipping & mailing address:
UC Davis VMTH
Central Laboratory Receiving, Rm 1033
1 Garrod Drive
Davis, CA 95616
- OFA Thyroid Testing - VMTH OFA Submission form (fillable pdf) and OFA Application form (fillable pdf) - each sample must be accompanied by both forms; one for our laboratory, the other for the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals.
- 24-hour Urine Uric Acid Submission Form (Instructions) (submission form - fillable pdf)
- Chemistry Panel Test Grid (pdf)
- Endocrinology Sample Collection Guidelines (pdf)
- Coagulation Sample Collection Guidelines (pdf)
- Chemistry Reference Intervals (pdf)
- Effects of Hemolysis, Icterus, Lipemia (pdf), Index Values (pdf)
- Clinical Research website
- Guidelines for Research at the VMTH Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories (pdf)
- If you are interested in lab work for research, but aren't certain what tests to order or if you need a price quote, please submit a Research Inquiry Form (fillable pdf).
- Study Registration Form (fillable pdf) - A Study Registration form must be submitted and approved before samples are submitted.
- Sample Submission Form (fillable pdf) - The Sample Submission form must accompany all research sample submission to the VMTH Clinical Laboratories.
- CBC Sample Submission Guidelines (pdf)
- Equine Blood Typing/Antibody Screen Sample Submission Form (fillable pdf)
- Equine Blood Typing information (pdf)
- Equine Neonatal isoerythrolysis (NI) information (pdf)
- Blood Smear Preparation Guideline (pdf)
- CBC Reference Intervals (pdf)
Immunology & Virology
- Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis (EPM) - SarcoFluor™and NeoFluor™ IFA testing - Instructions and Sample Submission Form (fillable pdf)
- Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis (EPM) - SarcoFluor™and NeoFluor™ IFA testing Results Interpretation (pdf)
- Koi herpesvirus (KHV) Serology Sample Submission Form (fillable pdf)
- Modified Stoll's Sample Submission Form (fillable pdf)
Biological samples submitted to the VMTH Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories may be used for VMTH teaching and research purposes consistent with the mission of the University.